No products in the cart.
Dining room is the easiest room to decorate. The main furniture pieces are a table, chairs, light fixture and food. Here are things to remember for the interior of your dining room:
- The general rule in arranging dining furniture is that the table and chairs are in the middle of the room. Pick the perfect table size for your room and place it on the centre. There should be a space to walk around it, even with the chairs around. The dining table sets the tone, mood and environment for the entire room.
- The back of the chair should be higher than the table surface.
- The chandelier is the focal point of any room. Choose the right size and design for your dining area. A modest chandelier will make any table seem bigger. Be sure that the light fixture you will choose for the room will not obstruct any views across the table.
- Sidepieces like drawers, buffet table or sideboard, hutch or console are good storage for dishes, linens and flatware and an additional space for food. It can also be used as placeholders for decorative accents and extra lighting fixtures like side lamps and candelabras.
- A rug is optional, but if you are going to use one, be sure that it extends more than two feet or so away from the table. To find the right size rug, push the chairs out so that the front edges of the seats are about 12-inches away from the edge of the table.
- A tall centrepiece gives a good focal point for the room if you are not using chandeliers.
- If you have a small room, consider hanging big mirrors to increase the perception of space. Otherwise, any decorative pieces like paintings and urns, as well as curtains and drapes add character to the room.
Check out some examples of dining rooms: